The Ins and Outs of Customer Service Training
At Bonfire, our customer service training empowers teams to make every interaction a productive and successful one. In recent years, consumer expectations have gone way up—and customer service representatives must adapt to this call for competitive care. According to a global study conducted by Microsoft, 54% of all consumers say they have higher customer service expectations than they did just one year ago.
Do your team members have the up-to-date customer service skills to deliver a seamless experience? Customer support is one of the key pillars of every successful organization, so it’s essential to make sure your representatives are set up with well-rounded training.
Want to learn more about customer service training, why it’s important, and how we can help? Keep reading!
What is Customer Service Training?
When you want to see an improvement in your employees' customer service skills, training is the solution. Just like many people acquire trainers to help them level up in things like working out or public speaking—customer service training encourages representatives to approach each customer interaction with compassion and positivity.
Sounds easy enough, right? Well, with things like compassion fatigue, burnout, and a general lack of morale creeping their way into many businesses, your overall customer service experience may be impacted.
We recommend customer service training for any employee who interacts with customers, whether via phone, on the web, or in person at a brick and mortar or out in the field. When you team up with professional trainers, you’ll receive training that is tailored to your organization’s unique needs. Not only will this promote a healthy culture at your business, but it also helps to align your leaders and team members to spark meaningful change.
Serving Yourself So You Can Serve Others
In this ever-changing consumer landscape, customer service training is not just important—it’s become fundamental to business success. It’s no secret that customers are a business’s best growth opportunity. Why wouldn’t you want to make sure every employee understands the ins and outs of keeping them happy?
After all, customer satisfaction is the key component to customer retention. Your employees may be able to turn a consumer into a one-time customer, but can they keep those customers coming back again and again in such a competitive environment?
Building deeper connections and relationships with customers through customer service is more than a trend; it’s a growing expectation. It’s never been more important to show up for customers in a way that builds trust, provides value, and maintains loyalty. If your representatives can’t deliver compassionate, comprehensive customer care—your competition will.
What Customer Service Training Should Teach You:
Since your business is unique and people learn in different ways, you should invest in customer service training programs that can be tailored to your circumstances. In general, comprehensive customer service training will teach you:
- How to Handle Difficult Customers: Your team should be presented with custom formulas on how to handle difficult calls, prevent escalation, reduce stress, and become an ambassador for your company.
- The Customer Experience: Learn why a positive first impression, tactful questions, and closing calls with courtesy and professionalism are so crucial.
- Positive Communication: Get taught how to engage with customers, convey empathy, and select positive words to soften negative information and increase cooperation.
- Ownership Mentality: Gain an understanding of why attitude and mindset directly impact service. Learn to shift focus from blaming others to solving the problem.
Get Started With Customer Service Training Today!
With over three decades of experience under our belts, you can trust our superstar trainers to deliver customer service training courses that are engaging and impactful. Here are a few of our favorites to get you started:
- Customer Service Essentials (CSE): With our Customer Service Essentials course, your team will know how to transform every interaction into a positive customer service experience. They will learn to talk to customers in a relatable, authentic, professional way and transform customers into loyal advocates for your company.
- Leadership Development Essentials: We designed our Leadership Development Essentials course to perfectly complement our CSE course. After your team is trained in Customer Service Essentials, we collaborate with your leaders to create a custom sustainability plan. Since leaders have one of the most significant impacts in learning transfer and keeping training alive, this is a highly effective next step.
- Above the Line Service: Ready to take your service “above the line”? Our Above the Line Service course takes the customer service experience to the next level. This training will teach your customer service representatives the overall impact they have on customer relationships.
Bonfire Training is here to empower your team and support your organization through both times of smooth sailing and rougher waters. Contact us today to learn more about our courses and how we can help onboard and continually train your team for optimal success.