Above the Line Service
To really understand what separates excellent service from average service, all you need is a line. That’s right…a simple line. Excellent service is Above the Line, and average service is below the line.
While we each have a personal line by which we judge customer service success, there are some behaviors that are undeniably Above the Line, including problem resolution, a customer care mindset, empathy and resiliency. How we deliver on these behaviors creates a “feeling of service”, whether good or bad, and that feeling can impact your relationship with the customer, the company’s reputation, and ultimately your company’s success.
This course focuses on 4 key skills that are linked to “Above the Line” service.
- Problem Resolution – approaching your customer’s request in a consultative, solution-focused way
- Customer Care Mindset – delivering excellent service requires an “ALL IN” mentality and genuine care for your customer
- Empathy – picking up the emotional cues of others and responding appropriately
- Resiliency – bouncing back from a tough customer encounter and managing emotions in an effort to respond instead of react
Through skill development and real-world application, each “Above the Line” skill will cultivate a renewed spirit of service excellence and give your team members elevated tools to deliver “Above the Line” service with each interaction.
- Know the impact mindset has on service
- Understand that service is a feeling
- Learn enhanced problem resolution skills
- Learn how to pick up on emotional cues
- Know how and when to use empathy
- Learn resiliency & self-management tools
- Create a custom "Above the Line" service plan
“It takes months to find a customer and seconds to lose them.”
Improved Team Morale
More Self-Reliant & Empowered Employees
Consistency of Excellent Service
Fewer Customer Complaints
Enhanced First-Interaction Resolution
Improved Customer Satisfaction
One-day onsite instructor-led session that can be split into shorter sessions to accommodate schedules.
Live Remote Training options are also available.
Presented in a multi-media, fun, interactive manner with group exercises to engage participants.
Materials support additional learning reinforcement.
Contact us to explore how we can meet your training goals! email@example.com / 800-888-4893
Who should attend?
All team members who interact with external and internal customers.