Mastering the art of Customer Service can be challenging; it is not merely ‘common sense’ it’s a learned skill that your employees must master in order for your company to succeed.
Solid and effective communication is the foundation of customer service: the words we use, voice tone, active listening, and non-verbal cues like eye contact and body language convey the messages that we send. But, when we communicate via telephone, we can’t rely on non-verbal cues; that is why Customer Service Phone Training is so important.
One of the most common ways customers communicate with employees is through the telephone and how your team handles those calls can have a huge impact on your reputation and your bottom line. Fostering customer loyalty begins from the first contact someone makes with your company; even in an age where social media seems to dominate, 74% of Americans have used their landline to contact customer service.
Why Customer Service Phone Training Matters
When communicating over the telephone, your frontline representatives have to rely solely on what they hear; they only have their voice tone and vocabulary choices to make a great impression. Without being able to read body language and other non-verbal cues, they may not realize that what they are saying is being taken negatively and upsetting the customer until it is too late. With 82% of customers ceasing to do business with a company because of bad customer service, that’s not a risk you can take.
Customer Service Phone Training can teach your team how to:
- Guide a phone conversation from the beginning and stay in control.
- Ensure the customer’s needs are not only met but exceeded.
- Build and maintain rapport using positive vocabulary choices and voice tone techniques.
- Show empathy and compassion by providing a human approach
- Deliver a negative message in a positive way while ensuring the customer’s accurate understanding of the message and increasing their receptivity and cooperation.
- Transform an unhappy customer into a satisfied one without the need for supervisor intervention and increase one-call resolution.
Your customers expect undivided attention and a prompt resolution, they need to ‘hear’ a smile and a welcoming tone. By delivering on that, you can foster loyalty, build your reputation, and expand your base — 77% of customers have said they would recommend a business they’ve had a positive experience with, to a friend.
Our Customer Service Essentials course can teach your team new and improved communication techniques, the critical importance of tone of voice, and demonstrate the phrasing and word choices that will keep every call going smoothly for you and your customers.
Face-to-face interactions in business are becoming less commonplace. Investing in customer service phone training will make sure your front line representatives are delivering consistent and top-notch service.
- Increase the confidence of your team members so they can consistently deliver exceptional customer service.
- Employee engagement, emerging leaders, and improved customer experience. Contact us today!
- Check out what we offer and cultivate your team one course at a time.
- Empower your agents to make every interaction a productive and successful one!