Wouldn’t it be great if you had a superpower that could predict other peoples’ behaviors? It turns out; you don’t need to be able to read minds—you just need some training! DISC training, to be exact. With DISC, you’ll not only learn the patterns of your own behavior, but you and your team will learn to recognize those patterns in others as well.
With DISC training, your employees receive a closer look at their natural tendencies and approach to work in order to better understand their personalities and how they behave in relation to their environment. Through personal insights and meaningful conversations, your team will become more cooperative, harmonious, and effective thanks to a shared understanding of each others’ personalities.
At Bonfire, we consider DISC training to be an integral part of customer service training. Below, we’ll go into a bit more detail about DISC and how this learned superpower can set your company apart.
What is DISC?
DISC is a time-tested assessment that assigns a person one of four behavioral styles. This is intended to better help them understand their personal work style and how they work best with others. First outlined in 1928 by psychologist William Mouton Marston, DISC has been revised several times over the years to improve its accuracy, giving us the tried-and-true version countless businesses rely on today.
The assessment’s name, “DISC,” is an acronym for the four different types of behavioral styles. These are: Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Conscientiousness. We break these down a bit below:
- Dominance: People with the Dominance style are ready to accomplish their goals. D’s do this by overcoming opposing forces, relying on confidence, and focusing on the bottom line.
- Influence: Those who fall under the Influence style work best by persuading other people. I personalities value openness and focus most of their energy on relationship building.
- Steadiness: Someone using the Steadiness style will take stock of their current environment and then work with others to carry out tasks. S personality types valuing cooperation, authenticity, and dependability.
- Compliance: People in the Compliance style prefer to work within their existing circumstances. They are known for their objective reasoning and focusing on accuracy and quality.
How Does DISC Work?
Our one-day DISC training program starts by assessing each person’s behavioral style. This way, they can begin with a solid understanding of themselves as an individual. Once everyone has reflected on their personal results, they’re asked to compare and contrast the four styles, discuss each other’s underlying motivations, and how these behaviors apply to their work. Our goal at Bonfire is to highlight the nuances of every personality in order to equip your staff with a customized toolkit for unrivaled communication and problem-solving.
What Are The Outcomes of DISC Training?
Right off the bat, your team will enjoy a deeper understanding and appreciation for the way they work, as well as how they fit together in a group. Highlighting personal strengths and potential blind spots creates meaningful camaraderie and informs the team’s communication plan—leading to increased morale and productivity.
In the long-term, your employees will enjoy a more harmonious group dynamic. DISC gives powerful insight into how others move throughout the world and how teammates can choose approaches that accomplish tasks more efficiently. Not only will your team be able to adapt to a variety of circumstances with ease, but you will also notice an improvement in interactions with customers, other teams, and third parties.
Improve Work Culture With DISC
DISC is a way to build a quality team: a team of cooperative, harmonious, and problem-solving leaders. That’s a superpower in itself! And you’ll love seeing this new awareness trickle down and improve things like customer service phone skills.
Bonfire Training has over 30 years of experience building teams like yours into committed and influential leaders, and we can’t wait to help you reap the benefits of DISC.
Contact us now to get your team started with our DISC behavioral styles program!
- Empower your agents to make every interaction a productive and successful one!
- DISC gives you the roadmap to adapt and create better working relationships.
- Our Customer Service Essentials course can teach your team new and improved customer service techniques to excel your business.
- Employee engagement, emerging leaders, and improved customer experience. Contact us today!