Above The Line Customer Service Training
What is the one thing that separates exceptional customer service from the average? Speed? Assistance delivered with a smile? The answer is actually “none of the above.”
At Bonfire Training, we know that what separates the good from the great is as simple as a line. You’ll find excellent service above this metaphorical line and average service below it. While each business has its own unique line by which it judges customer service success, certain behaviors will always go above and beyond.
If you’re wondering “How can I ensure Above the Line customer service at my organization?”— the first step is education. Learn more about our comprehensive training and how it can help your business hone its customer service.
What Defines Good Customer Service?
Before you can get started offering stand-out customer service, you need to know what exactly your definition of customer service entails. Every business addresses this question differently.
It’s essential to think about what kind of experience you’d like your customers to have whenever they give you a call or enter your establishment. As you start brainstorming, consider these questions:
- How often should your employees interact with customers?
- How do you want your customers to feel?
- What do you expect of your team members?
- Will your team need more training?
What Above the Line Training Looks Like
As you think more about the keys to good customer service, you may find that your team needs more training to be really successful. At Bonfire Training, we’re committed to outstanding courses centered on Above the Line service—which separates the good from the great when it comes to customer care.
Through our course, our trainers will help you develop a customer-first mindset and get a good grasp on conflict resolution, resiliency, and much more. We’ve chosen four key areas that create a “feeling of service” within your customers. These impact your relationship with each patron and help them see your business in a positive light. Whether a customer is offering praise or a complaint, responding with emotional intelligence is paramount.
Those four “feeling of service” skills include:
- Problem Resolution: Approaching your customer’s request in a consultative, solution-focused manner.
- Customer Care Mindset: Delivering above-average service requires an “all in” mentality, as well as genuine care for your customers.
- Empathy: Harnessing the ability to pick up the emotional cues of others and respond appropriately.
- Resiliency: Bouncing back from a tough customer encounter while simultaneously managing emotions. In short, resiliency helps you respond rather than just react.
What You’ll Get Out of Our Course
The Above the Line course is more than customer service philosophies. At Bonfire, we strive to provide our clients with customer service tips that have been proven effective time and time again.
The curriculum focuses on skill development and its real-world applications. Soon enough, your team members will be working with a renewed sense of commitment to customer satisfaction. Not to mention, we’ll set them up with the tools and resources to provide top-notch customer service effortlessly. At the conclusion of your Above the Line training course, you’ll be ready to apply the following principles:
- Our personal mindsets impact the service we’re able to provide
- Service is often a feeling rather than an action
- Implementing enhanced problem-resolution tactics is essential
- Empathy is a crucial part of customer service
- It’s often necessary to identify emotional cues and show emotional intelligence
- A sense of self-management and resilience build good customer service skills
- Creating a custom Above the Line service plan is an excellent first step toward incredible service
What Could This Mean for My Business?
Above the Line customer service may focus on giving your patrons the best experience, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t enjoy plenty of perks as well. As a result of implementing some of the best customer service policies available, you’ll see a heap of benefits for your business. Of course, you and your team members will enjoy better reviews, fewer complaints, and overall satisfied customers. But you can also look forward to these outcomes:
- Improved morale
- Consistent customer service
- Resolve issues properly the first time
- More self-reliant and empowered team members
Who Is This Training For?
Great news—Above the Line training is available to nearly anyone in the service industry. After all, couldn’t everyone use a few new ideas for improving customer service? Our course is open to anyone, from team members who interact with customers every day to executives who want to take a more hands-on approach to daily operations.
We created this training with you in mind, so you can expect comprehensive materials and modules that apply to nearly every service-oriented workspace. You’ll love all the capabilities of our customizable approach.
Rise “Above the Line” Today
If you’re ready to learn more about the best practices in customer service, get in touch with Bonfire Training today. You’ll meet with our fabulous trainers to see how we can help meet your organization’s training goals. From there, you’ll choose from one of two options: in-person and online. We know that getting everyone together in one room is a challenge nowadays, so we’ve tailored our delivery to your needs!
The Above the Line course is three hours long and split into two 90-minute sessions. Each session includes plenty of multimedia and fun group exercises to keep your team members engaged the whole time. Plus, you’ll have access to a variety of support materials for additional learning reinforcement. Your instructor will be available either virtually or in-person to help promote higher customer service standards at your organization. Soon enough, you’ll see the change starting at your business.
With so much to gain, there’s no reason to put off a call to Bonfire Training. Contact us today and find out what we can do for your business.