The Platinum Rule of Service
“Treat others the way you want to be treated” is a phrase we’re probably all familiar
with. Commonly referred to as “The Golden Rule,” this guiding principle reminds us
to treat others with kindness, respect, and consideration—because that’s what we
want for ourselves.
Great, right? Well, there is one catch: everyone is different. This is where The Golden
Rule has its limitations. While you might want one thing, your peer may want
something completely different. In acknowledging and validating our individual
uniqueness, “The Platinum Rule” was born.
The Platinum Rule is about “treating people how they want to be treated.” This is an
important distinction because this shift in mindset allows us to consider the wants
and needs of others rather than putting ourselves at the forefront. Built on the
foundation of DISC Behavior Skills and Assessment, we’ve designed training to equip
your team with relevant and applicable skills to elevate their level of service and
meet customers where they are.
The focused topics of this training program include the following:
- Learning how to identify the customer’s behavioral style
- Adapting to the customer’s pace, phrasing, and pitch
- Understanding the different ways to help retain your customers
- Solving the customer’s problem in their own vocabulary
- Understand that “The Platinum Rule” is a wonderful gift you can give your customers
- Discover your style using DISC for Customer Service
- Comfortable identifying the different behavior styles
- Learn ways to adapt your pace, phrasing, and pitch to the customer
- Understand customers’ varying styles in order to meet their needs
“Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.”
Enhanced Company Reputation
Consistency of Excellent Service
Fewer Customer Complaints
Increased Customer Loyalty
One-day onsite instructor-led session that can be split into shorter sessions to accommodate schedules.
Live Remote Training options are also available.
Presented in a multi-media, fun, interactive manner with group exercises to engage participants.
Materials and job aids support additional learning reinforcement.
Contact us to explore how we can meet your training goals! firstname.lastname@example.org / 800-888-4893
Who should attend?
Employees and members of management that are engaging in customer services interactions - be it customer-facing or internal to the organization.