Generations in the Workplace
What if Tony Bennett, the Beatles and Justin Bieber all worked on a project together? Imagine the communication gap….but once that was resolved, the results would be amazing! Imagine what they’d all bring to the recording!
Successful collaboration leads to more innovation, knowledge sharing and improved quality. Sounds great, right? So what’s the big deal about multiple generations in the workplace?
For starters, generational rapport is critical to creating an environment of group effort, robust dialogue and high performance, and this is the first time in history when there is a significant presence of FOUR generations in the workforce. Notably, Generation Z is the youngest in the workforce with the oldest at 24 years old.
And here’s the rub according to research reported in Managing the Millennials:
- More than 60 percent of employers say that they are experiencing tension between employees from different generations.
- More than 70 percent of older employees are dismissive of younger workers’ abilities.
- 50 percent of younger employees are dismissive of the abilities of their older coworkers.
- The tension is so thick in some organizations that it has become debilitating.
Corporate activities that have seemed relatively clear cut have now become challenging with essential desires of social responsibility, technology, and high involvement dancing in their heads.
Here’s the good news! Companies that proactively learn about the different generations and embrace how to serve and ignite multiple generations will benefit from incredible energy, morale and innovation. Now that’s a song worth singing!
- Understand the differences between generations
- Appreciate communication preferences of the different generations
- Recognize workplace considerations for each generation to thrive
“That which seems the height of absurdity in one generation often becomes the height of wisdom in another.”
Understanding Different Communication Styles
Half-to-One-day onsite instructor-led sessions that can be split into shorter sessions to accommodate schedules.
Live Remote Training options are also available.
Presented in a multi-media, fun, interactive manner with group exercises to engage participants.
Materials and job aids to support additional learning reinforcement.
Contact us to explore how we can meet your training goals! firstname.lastname@example.org / 800-888-4893
Who should attend?
Employees and members of management that are experiencing difficulties within teams comprised of different generations.