In this program, you will discover how to get to the real cause of a problem, how to disarm disagreeable people, how to defuse tense situations, and how to handle anger (your own and others’). You will also learn “what to say when” scripts for specific conflict situations that arise at work, so you will NEVER be at a loss for the right words again.
We will examine conflict by covering:
- Basic causes of conflict.
- Proven strategies for minimizing causes of conflict so you can prevent disagreements from occurring in the first place.
- How fear of conflict can hold you back personally and professionally.
- Why avoidance, power plays, pouting, and manipulation never resolve conflict.
- The positive side of conflict.
Reduce the potential for conflict.
Understand the influences to conflict resolution.
Use tactics to prevent the same conflict from resurfacing.
Handle conversations to manage conflict and move forward.
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for managers of people and any team members who want to keep conflict in the workplace from derailing projects, reducing productivity and negatively impacting morale.